Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Here goes nothing.. well, maybe something

I feel as though I shouldn't say "Well, here goes nothing" because then people could argue that it actually is something. I would then have to admit that yes, it is something.. it is indeed my first ever blog post. I am not one  that likes to admit when someone else is right. I will do it, but do not expect me to be happy about it! :)

If you are like me, you already read the about me section (I always do.. I like to know a little bit about the person.) If not, I'll do a sum up of what you missed (It's not much, trust me.) The name is Courtney, it is true I am 20 years young & a soon to be first time mommy. Little Cohen is said to be arriving around February 15th, but we will get to him in a second. Cameron is my right hand man, my support system, my brains & the beauty. Some say I may give him too much credit, but I don't listen to them anyways. Don't get me wrong, he has his flaws for sure! He doesn't enjoy the trips to Michael's or Jo Ann's like I do, and when I talk about something I can make he just gives me that look. It isn't the look that says "You can't make that", its more like "Courtney, you can just buy that". Either way, he supports almost everything I do & in the end that is all I need. 

*Cam & I at Cohen's baby shower. Yes, that is a Super Mom sticker that one of my best friends bought for me! 8 months pregnant, and finally hitting that extremely uncomfortable stage. 

Now onto little Cohen. He is a paragraph all on his own. He is what makes this family what it is. Without him, things would be completely different, and it amazes me how much control one little guy can have over two people when he hasn't even seen the world yet. He projects his qualities and personality very well from inside, so for the next few weeks I am preparing myself for what he is about to bring to my life. I'm not going to refer to it as chaos, because that term has a negative feel to it. Instead, I am simply going to use "happiness". This is not to say that I was unhappy before, but he has made me appreciate the simpler things in life already. I can't wait for him to make his debut, so I can learn everything he has to offer and teach me. Even though I am the mom, and he is the child.. he is going to be the teacher and I'll always be the student. 

*Mr. Personality right there. The ultrasound tech couldn't believe him. He has his arms behind his head, his legs crossed & tongue sticking out. Maybe now you understand why I say his personality shines well.